Apr 29, 2009

Its been a brilliant day to day. I was out to Cottasgarth and had 2 SEO’s fighting 2 m hen harriers fighting. A f harrier sky danced three times in front of me. I found a new harrier nest site. Then on leaving I had a fleeting glance of a possible ringed ouzel. That would be a lifer for me. Tonight I saw my first common tern of the year and the first sandwich terns on the ground. Better still we saw sand martins investigating nest sites. These sweet wee birds are some of our rarest breeding birds in the isles and a treat to watch flying over our heads. When I returned and put on the computer I find from orkbird that the world and his dog had been out to see a snowy owl that had been showing really well (Well located and posted there Kieth H).( There is a rough legged buzzard and a sea eagle out there somewhere as well) I really don’t mind to much that I missed it as I count my blessings. It makes tomorrow an interesting prospect…Life is ok in the isles.

No comments:

Post a Comment