Nov 7, 2008

A quiet day.

It was quiet but still a good day for birds. We were spiking apples and a woodcock flew over probably put up by Ruby’s dog. I stopped for a coffee about two thirty and a good flock of thrushes flooded by the window heading up the valley. They seemed longer than the Redwings that have been about and in greater number than I have seen so far so I would hazard a guess they were Fieldfares. Last bird of the day came as I was taking pictures of the setting sun illuminating a cloud burst. I was filming the scene panning around when a Peregrine obligingly flew down the valley for me. It turned out only a dot on the film so I don’t suppose I will post it. Its been all right with the weather as well finaly got stuff on the line. winds back to SE.

No comments:

Post a Comment